Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

ML320 Power Window Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 07:36 PM
Default ML320 Power Window Troubles

First, let me say that I just joined this forum minutes ago.

Hi am trying to help a dear friend, a woman in her middle 60's. She owns a 2009 ML320 BlueTEC diesel with 160,000 miles. She is not well off financially.

The main power window control in the driver door was completely non-functional. She said that not long ago, she paid someone to replace it but it suddenly stopped working. The guy is now in the hospital for a very long time so she asked me to look at it. Given it was completely dead, I thought maybe the connector fell off. I removed the door panel, played with the connections and every function then worked except for the driver door window. It remained dead. I thought maybe the door panel needed to be grounded so I assembled everything and the driver window then worked along with everything else. I thought I was done, but then I realized I forgot to reattach the door release cable. So after I made that right, I am right back to the driver window not working. The driver window is down now, so our friend can't even drive the vehicle.

I am in a real pickle, hoping someone here has some practical experience in this area. Is there some kind of "reset" or other voodoo that needs to be done? How I got it to work, then not, has me scratching my head. All connectors & connector pins look perfect with no corrosion whatsoever. The ribbon cables and such also look great. All connectors latch properly. NOTHING look suspicious which has me wondering if I need to reset something.