Diesel Performance A discussion section for performance diesel modifications.

NEED HELP!! Rainwater leaked onto all the fuse & relay box and caused major damages

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 02:55 PM
Default NEED HELP!! Rainwater leaked onto all the fuse & relay box and caused major damages

The Car: 2008 ML 320 CDI (Her name is Hannah Mayonnaise)

What happened:
Last night, a severe thunderstorm came through my area dumping a ton of rainwater onto my car. It's normally under the carport. This time it wasn't.
The weatherstripping on the rear hatch/Clamshell/trunk lid is dry rotted and has numerous cracks in it which allowed a lot of water to enter the car and run down the rear right column where the fuse & relay box... and ALL THE MODULES and electronics....that are mounted just ahead of the rear passenger side tail light. When I saw my car after the first major rain, all the ext. lights were going off like the alarm was going off but the horn wasn't beeping. Initially, the doors wouldn't unlock. I got it to unlock after a few minutes. I started it up and moved it....trying to get under my carport, then turned the car off. I shut it down and assumed the trunk latch motor would shut off and that the lights would shut off after a few minutes. 15 minutes goes by...still raining, and the lights are still on and I get in the car. The trunk latch motor is still running. I start the car up and open the rear hatch, pop the panel on the right wall off, First thing I see is the water all over the electrical wiring, connectors and all the modules right there. I go to turn the car off and the car off but the car kept running. My heart sank. I tried the key again. Nothing.
I panicked, but kept cool. Checked the interwebs, like any good idiot would. Then popped the hood and pulled the starter relay in the engine fuse box. the engine shut off but my lights were still on. I then pulled negative battery cable. My car wont start and engine isn't receiving power when I turn the key.

What I need:
1. A magic genie that will solve this problem for me overnight. Or an Easter Miracle, although Jesus was a carpenter and fisherman...not a mechanic.

2. Wiring Schematics, advice, where to start, playlist recommendations, recommendations, repairs, resolutions, or anyone who may have been through this before, anything helpful!

THANK YOU ALL!