Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart start

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 10:06 AM
Default Smart start

Hey guys!
I'm new here and, I'm glad I found this awesome place to search for (almost) everything mercedes related

I've been searching a while for a possible solution related to the following, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on it.

A while ago, before I had to disconnect the battery, when I turned the ignition key and leave it, the engine would crank until it stared.
After disconnecting (and reconnecting, of course), I need to keep holding the key while it cranks, until it starts.

I think this is called "smart start" (I'm sorry if I'm mistaken).

Can anyone give a hint on this?

Thank you so much!

Old 04-20-2024, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by davidvieira
Hey guys!
I'm new here and, I'm glad I found this awesome place to search for (almost) everything mercedes related

I've been searching a while for a possible solution related to the following, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on it.

A while ago, before I had to disconnect the battery, when I turned the ignition key and leave it, the engine would crank until it stared.
After disconnecting (and reconnecting, of course), I need to keep holding the key while it cranks, until it starts.

I think this is called "smart start" (I'm sorry if I'm mistaken).

Can anyone give a hint on this?

Thank you so much!
Not read of that one. Try a regular goole search for smart start and see what turns up.